Women Empowerment Cell
- Women Empowerment Cell
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW:
SPECIFIC FACILITIES PROVIDED FOR WOMEN
Women empowerment cell is established in the college campus to empower and create awareness of the women’s rights among the female-faculty, staff and students of the institution. It works to promote gender sensitivity in the college and conduct diverse programmes to educate, sensitize both male and female members and develop harmonious atmosphere in the campus. It works for the welfare of female students and faculty and preparing them to take up greater challenges in the academic sphere. This is achieved through guest lectures, seminars, awareness programmes and other welfare activities.
- To promote culture of respect and equality for female gender
- To identify and promote strong leadership and provide opportunities and programs for female gender to be financially, mentally and emotionally empowered so as to promote their growth as individuals in their own capacity
- To create social awareness about the problems of women, gender equity and prevention of sexual harassment.
- To educate girl students on women specific health issues and measures to be taken.
- To conduct seminar, workshop to impart knowledge of opportunities and tools available and train the women.
- To develop self-confidence among the female and come up in their own capacity
- To train women and impart knowledge of opportunities and resources available
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To create the awareness on the ives of the cell amongst girl students for their enthusiastic participation.
- To encourage women to undertake activities that strengthens their self-confidence.
- To participate actively in the events and competitions organized by the cell and encourage other girl students to participate.
- To empower and enlighten female faculty, staff and students about general economic and social issues.
- To review safety and security measures for female employees and girl students at the campus
SPECIFIC FACILITIES PROVIDED FOR WOMEN IN TERMS OF:
- Safety and security
- Common Rooms
- Day care center for young children