INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL
INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURENCE CELL:
In pursuance of its Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher education, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Bangalore proposes that every accredited institution should establish an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post-accreditation quality sustenance measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC will become a part of the institution’s system and work towards realisation of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of institutions. For this, during the post-accreditation period, it will channelize all efforts and measures of the institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
Operational Features of the IQAC
Quality assurance is a by-product of ongoing efforts to define the ives of an institution, to have a work plan to achieve them and to specify the checks and balances to evaluate the degree to which each of the tasks is fulfilled. Hence devotion and commitment to improvement rather than mere institutional control is the basis for devising procedures and instruments for assuring quality. The right balance between the health and growth of an institution needs to be struck. The IQAC has to ensure that whatever is done in the institution for “education” is done efficiently and effectively with high standards. In order to do this, the IQAC will have to first establish procedures and modalities to collect data and information on various aspects of institutional functioning.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of Quality Culture in the institution.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
Composition of IQAC:
The Internal Quality Assurance Cell has been established in Vani Sakkare Government First Grade College on 04/10/2006 with a broad based Vision, Mission & Objectives. IQAC may be constituted under the Chairmanship of the Head of the institution i.e. Principal with heads of academic and administrative units and stakeholders. The composition of IQAC for the year 2014-15
|Chairperson ||Dr. C. Shivalingappa, ||Principal |
|Coordinator ||Sri. Raghavendra .B.S || Assistant Professor of Commerce |
|Sri. P.S. Chandrashekharaiah, ||Office Superintendent |
|MEMBERS ||Sri. G. Thimmegowda ||HOD of English |
| ||Sri. R.T. Keerthikumar ||HOD of Political Science |
| ||Sri. D. Dharanendraiah ||HOD of Sociology |
| ||Sri. G. Doddabasappa ||HOD of Commerce & Mgt |
| ||Smt. R. Rangamma ||HOD of Library |
| ||Sri. H. Thippeswamy ||HOD of Physical Education |
ANNUAL QUALITY ASSURENCE REPORTS(AQAR)
AQAR 2013-14 AQAR 2012-13 AQAR 2011-12 AQAR 2010-11 AQQR 2009-10