The Department of language Kannada was established in the year of 2014-15 in Government First Grade Women’s College, Tumakuru. The language Kannada Department seeks to provide students with a learning experience that will equip them to face the challenges of an increasingly complex competitive world and prepare them to become active and engaged cultural communications at the regional and national level
To develop brilliant and broad minded graduates, conduct in language and literature research be academically worthy ambitious.
- Encourage the students to face the challenges in the present competitive world.
- Prepare the students to develop the positive attitudes in all aspects.
- Prepare the students to ensure their goals.
- Inspire and encourage the students to develop the self-confidence and self-defence in the male dominating society.
- Students will acquire knowledge of the language and its historical background.
- Students will come to understand that there are more than 1500 languages in India only.
- Students will learn about the concepts of different culture based on different languages.
- Students will become aware of the difference between classical and modern languages.
- Students will come to understand the meaning of languages and linguistics.
- Students will be prepared to take responsibilities of spreading awareness social evils and prepare them to develop mental ability to face the competitive exams.
Prof. Gangadhar J, Associate Professor & HOD
Dr.B T Nethravathi, Associate Professor
Dr.Renukaprasad B R, Assistant Professor
Dr.Arunakumari B N, Assistant Professor