Government First Grade College, Thyamagondlu, made its humble beginning during the academic year 2007 in the high school and junior college building. In a very short period, the college made rapid growth in every aspect including the recent of new college building to it.
The College Offers Undergraduate courses in Arts, Commerce and Management, both for boys and girls it is affiliated to Bangalore University. At present there are 295 students enrolled from all streams. Indeed this is a good strength in the recently established Government First Grade Colleges. The College has achieved excellent result in the university exams. Students are given opportunities to participate in inert-class as well as intercollegiate competitions and they have earned laurels in many such competitions, Encouragement is given to Co-curricular activities also.
The College aims at provide holistic education to the students who are primarily from rural background. The maximum endeavor of the faculty in to concentrate on inculcating confidence and language & professional among the students skills.Students are provided with sports and games in the campus after class hours. Our students have participated in a number of inter-collegiate sports and also university sports meets. For the all-round development of the student community the college has NSS wing to create a sense of service to society. The college Library knowledge cell,, a very good collection of books for reference also for students. . Reading room facility is provided with leading daily newspapers and journals. Thyamagondlu is a hobli in Nelamangala Taluk, Bangalore Rural District State of Karnataka, India. It belongs to Bangalore Division. It is located 48km towards west from District Head Quarters Bangalore. 19 km from Nelamangala and 52km from State Capital Bangalore.
To offer high quality education and training to our students so as to empower them with required knowledge, skills and attitudes, which in turn, enable them to take up leadership positions and contribute to the societal development on ethical lines.
- To impart quality teaching and training by developing innovative and creative pedagogy so as to develop right attitudes and employability skills among students.
- To provide opportunities to the students to showcase their talents and creativity through co-currucular activities.
- To inculcate and develop awareness of gender equity, social justice and moral values among the students through social projects and community services.
- To guide and motivate the students to launch entrepreneurial ventures.
- To encourage both the students and faculty in undertaking research-oriented activities.