Internal Quality Assurance Cell
UGC has established the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as an autonomous body NAAC has been instilling a momentum of quality consciousness amongst Higher Educational Institutions, aiming for continuous improvement. However, lasting improvements in standards cannot come about only by accreditation from outside, once in five years. An internal mechanism for sustenance, assurance and enhancement of the quality culture of education imparted by them, therefore, become essential and Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is the one such mechanism.
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) by accredited institutions (after the first cycle) is a major step in pushing long-term quality standards. IQAC in any institution is a significant administrative body that is responsible for all quality matters.
The establishment of Internal Quality Assurance Cell(IQAC) of Government First Grade College, Shikaripura is established on 25/08/2007 withthe prime responsibility of IQAC to initiate, plan and supervise various activities that are necessary to increase the quality of the education imparted in an institution or college.
Goals of IQAC
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
Functions of IQAC
- The IQAC shall have the following function
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the Colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement; Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality;
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavors.
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement; Ensure internalization of the quality culture;
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices; Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning;
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication