- Institutional Distinctiveness
- It is heartening to claim that Government Ramnarayan Chellaram College of Commerce & Management is the sole government institution in Bangalore District (Rural & Urban) imparting exclusively Commerce and Management Education from bachelor to PhD degree. The institution offers two unique courses of B Com – Tourism and BBA – Aviation.
- Five different languages – Kannada, Sanskrit, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, and Tamil are offered to choose from.
- The college is proud of the large green campus situated in the city center, providing ease of access to students, with a public transport bus stop housed right beside the college entrance.
- Over 50% of the full-time teaching faculty possesses PhD qualification.
- The institution can boast of two spacious libraries. There is a library for undergraduate programs and another exclusively for postgraduate students.
- Given the background of the students admitted to the college, academic results in core commerce subjects are encouraging.
- Free education is offered for girl students. The fee paid by them is reimbursed
- Free laptops were distributed to first year students during the year 2019-20
- It is a eco-friendly campus because of the following reasons
Creativity blossoms when learning is purposeful that ignite knowledge, a full-fledged knowledge – a knowledge which may help to boost the economy of one’s own country
This program is a true portrait of GRCCM’s Commitment to educate the person in mind, body and soul.
The budding professionals studying in our institution gain a sense of their own worth and emerge in the world as competent personalities with due recognition. If we say, our Management Fest is an attempt to reach this noble aim.
The College desires to create a platform for the students to augment their abilities beyond the classroom. And hence the Annual event – ‘Srujana RC’ – the Management Fest. The fest is meant to
Boost the practice of Technical Skills
- An event organization requires the practical application of all the managerial skills learned by students within the four walls of the classroom. It is a platform for students to showcase their abilities in planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the requirements of an event.
- They get to realize the intricacies of decision making
- It will expose and prepare them for real business situations
- Any involvement in college activities not only provides the required experience but is an add-on to a student’s profile. Head hunters look for such multi-talented students
- Students of the college get exposure to participants’ logical or analytical acumen and reasoning or decision-making skills.
- Co-curricular activities instill additional confidence in students and it’s a morale booster for them.
- Make them ready for either jobs or entrepreneurship
- Teaches teamwork and event management
- A platform that helps in the conception of business and product ideas
- It tests the participants’ logical, analytical, reasoning and decision-making skills
- Harness Soft and Social skills
- They learn to take initiative in the process of organizing various events.
- They learn to interact with different groups of people - the faculty, the peer group in the college, the participants, etc. Their communication skill augments.
- An interface with a new community of students from different colleges helps them build new connections and the network improves.
- Offer other benefits
3. The context
The institution is founded to encourage solely commerce and management education. Around three thousand students learn finance, accounting, marketing, and human resources management skills within the classroom. It was strongly felt essential to train students to practice these skills beyond the curriculum. And thus, to create a real-time corporate world experience, introducing the event - Management Fest, was thought of in the institution. The fest is supposed to build a mock business world for the students.
4. The Practice
5. Evidence of success
6. Problems encountered and Resources required
7. Notes (Optional)
One of the distinctive activities of the College is the establishment of Book-Aid Corner under the banner ‘WE CARE, WE SHARE’. Under this initiative, teachers, alumni and general public may donate used or new books to the Books Aid Wing of the College. The books may vary from subject text books to books for competitive exams, general reading, biographies etc. These books are placed in cupboard at the College Entrance and students can pick any book of his/her need, use and place it back in the cupboard anytime, enabling its reuse by succeeding students.