About City :
Rabakavi Banahatti is a new taluka place in Bagalakot district of Karnataka. The City Municipal Corporation comprises four places .They are ,Rabakavi, Banhatti, Rampur and Hosur.As per 2011 census the total population was 77,004.The twin city is located on the bank of river Krishna . It is 18 K.M. away from subdivision Jamakhandi and 100 K.M. from district place Bagalkot. Rabakavi Banhatti comes under Terdal Constitutency. The twin city is the hub of textile business where majority of weaving community depend upon textile business for their livelihood. Power Looms Sarees produed in this area are very famous. They are exported to different states of India, so these twin cities are called as Manchester City of India. At the same time there are people from different religions, castes, classes live together with peace and harmony. God Shri Mallikarjun and Shri Mahadev Temples in Rabakavi and God Shri Kadasiddeshwar Temple observe fair every year during the months of August and September.The people in the town are famous for their kind hearts,caring and hard working nature.
About College :
As per order of hon’ble Governor of Government of Karnataka No.ED/193/Yo.Yo.KA/2008 Bangalore, Dated:02.03.2009 Government First Grade College Yagati, District:Chikkamagalore shifted to Rabakavi-Banahatti. On 18/07/2009 Dr.U.H.Arahunashi Associate Professor of Commerce and the first principal of Government First Grade College of Rabakavi-Banahatti took the charge and started the college at Government Primary boys School Premises with BA/B.Com Courses having only 30 students. Government First Grade College Rabakavi-Banahatti is affiliated to Rani Channamma University, Belagavi. Since 2009-10 Student Strength has been increasing year by year. Presently during 2019-20 Total Strength of the College is 531 Students are studying in BA/B.Com Courses.
During 2019-20 Our College has own building at 05.00 acre land near Hanuman Temple, Madamanatti, AtPost:Halingali. As New building is sufficient only for Office and BA Course, B.Com Course is running in temporary building at KSSIDC Sheds. Which is 02.00 Kilo Meters distance from the new building.
To emerge as an epicenter of excellence for providing higher education at the door steps of youths and enabling the youths with all skills, innovative and research ideas, making them technology friendly and enlightening with our cultural values. So that they can be empowered to face the challenges of changing global scenario.
Excellence of higher education is made accessible on equity, with the ethics of committed and dedicated staffs, strengthening innovative teaching learning practices, encouraging research and extension activities, instilling skills for enhancing employability, extending collaboration with industry, Philanthropists and alumni to gain support and enriching the institutional infrastructure for better educational environment.
- To provide higher education at the lowest cost to the weaker sections of the youth
- To identify and encourage the lower economic background youths to pursue their higher education.
- Providing constant information on new employment avenues and at the same time guiding and enhancing the required skills of employability.
- Framing the programs to create and awareness of self employment.
- To encourage the youths about the extension activities so that they contribute for the integration and development of the nation.
- To inculcate the values of life among the students through different departments of the our college like NSS, Red Cross, Scouts and Guides etc.,
- To get support from the industry Philanthropist alumni by making collaborations for the over all development of college
- Arranging faculty development programs to update the knowledge and skills of the faculty
- Encouraging self development programs like Yoga, Sports, Recreation and counseling
- Enhancing ICT Based education.
- Undertaking steps for quality enhancement in teaching learning research and innovation and in extension activities through IQAC and NAAC.