Government First Grade College, Punjalakatte was established in July 2007 by the Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka to cater the educational needs of the economically and socially marginalized sections of the region with initial enrolment of 22 students for BA degree course. The college is located in a backward village touching Mangalore - Kadur highway at Punjalakatte of Belthangady Taluk in Dakshina Kannada District. The College is affiliated to Mangalore University. It is also recognized under section 2(f) of the UGC Act. The college offers BA, B.Com and BBA courses. There are currently 560 students.
The college strives to achieve academic excellence through imparting quality education and service. It has a dedicated team of faculty who constantly try to nurture excellence among students. The college has sustained increase in admission since its inception. This year our college is one of the few colleges of Mangalore University that has got higher admission compared to last year and it is only one Government College in Dakshina Kannada district to achieve higher admissions for 2019-20.
ಸರ್ಕಾರಿ ಪ್ರಥಮ ದರ್ಜೆ ಕಾಲೇಜು ಪುಂಜಾಲಕಟ್ಟೆ, ಈ ಕಾಲೇಜು 2007ರಲ್ಲಿಬಿ.ಎಕೋರ್ಸ್ ನೊಂದಿಗೆ 22 ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳಿಂದ ಪ್ರಾರಂಭವಾಯಿತು. ಇದು ದಕ್ಷಿಣಕ ನ್ನಡಜಿಲ್ಲೆಯ ಬೆಳ್ತಂಗಡಿ ತಾಲ್ಲೂಕಿನ ಪುಂಜಾಲಕಟ್ಟೆ ಎಂಬ ಹಳ್ಳಿಯಲ್ಲಿದೆ. ಪ್ರತಿವರ್ಷ ದಾಖಲಾತಿಯ ಪ್ರಮಾಣ ಹೆಚ್ಚಾಗುತ್ತಿದ್ದು ಪ್ರಸ್ತುತ ಬಿ.ಎಬಿ.ಕಾಂ ಮತ್ತುಬಿ.ಬಿ.ಎ ಕೋರ್ಸ್ ಗಳನ್ನು ನಡೆಸಲಾಗುತ್ತಿದೆ. 2019-20ನೇ ಸಾಲಿನಲ್ಲಿ 560 ವಿದ್ಯಾರ್ಥಿಗಳು ವ್ಯಾಸಂಗ ಮಾಡುತ್ತಿದ್ದಾರೆ.
Vision and Mission
Our Vision is to provide easy access to higher education to the rural educational aspirants from marginalized sections of the surrounding villages by providing quality education at affordable cost by creating healthy academic environment and augmenting them to excel and face the challenges of the present day world.
- To facilitate academic excellence in higher education.
- To attract talented youths to better skills and to mould them to be better citizens.
- To make the rural youth self-reliant.
- To train them to optimally make-use of the local resources by creating entrepreneurial skills.
- To create an exemplary atmosphere by not only educating academically but also to mould them in an integrated way to cherish our institutional values.
- To empower the village women population by educating the young girls.
- To train our students comprehensively to develop their personality by inculcating life skills.
- To infuse self esteem and life skills in all the learners
- To impart broad-based knowledge to face the competitive world
- To build a foundation for lifelong learning
- To enhance critical and analytical abilities
- To develop technical competence for enhancing employability
- To organize extension activities for community development focusing on civic responsibilities and social awareness
- To undertake research in thrust areas for the nation's development
GFGC Punjalakatte is committed to following a set of enduring Core Values. These values guide our actions and focus on the development of students and Institution as a whole.
1. Professionalism, Ethics and Dignity.
2. High quality education with practical orientation
3. Responsible towards Community.
4. Overall Personality Development of students
5. Reduction of Knowledge Divide
B A with following combinations
(History, Economics and Sociology)
(History, Political Science and Sociology)
(Kannada Optional, Political Science and Sociology)
(Kannada Optional, Economics and Sociology)
- Five acres of campus
- Has excellent teaching facility consisting of dedicated 13 permanent faculty and 20 guest faculty
- The college has many active forums to involve the students of various interests and create a platform for them like
- Youth Red Cross
- Sports committee
- Cultural committee
- Students reddressal committee
- Placement cell
- Commerce association
- Management association
- Arts club
- Political science association
- Heritage committee
- Language club
- The college has an active placement cell, trains the students by organizing various training programme
- The college is also initiated certificate courses to euip the students in required skills and knowledge.
- The college ha empowered the students by conducting coaching classes for competitive exams.
- Every year the college conducts inter class commerce and management fest for the students of the college.