Membership and Collection
- Membership and Collection
This type of membership is open to all the students who got their admission to B. A., B. S. W, B.Com, B. B. M and M.com courses in our college.
This type of membership is open to all the permanent and guest faculty of the college
Research scholar Membership
This type of membership is open to the research scholars who registered for Ph. D., in our Research Center.
The Library facilities are also made available to the administrative staff of the college. So that they can make use of general books and general magazines of the library.
|Sl. No |
|Type of Documents || Numbers |
| 01 || Books ||14210 |
| 02 || Journals || 09 |
| 03 || Reference Materials ||1015 |
| 04 || Thesis and Dissertations / Project Reports ||250 |
| 05 || Bound Volumes ||50 |
| 06 || E-Resource |
| N-list |
| 07 || Compact Dist Read Only Memory - CD ROMs || 103 |
| 08 || Magazines || 06 |
| 09 || News Papers || 06 |
Facility and Services
Document delivery service is being provided for the user community to dissimilate right information at right time to right user for right purpose. The users of the library can borrow four books for a period of 15 days. Borrower’s tickets will be issued to students and faculty can borrow up to fifteen books and return the same after period of 15 days. Users are informed to return / renew the borrowed books on or before due date to prevent the penalty of overdue charges. Special library services will be provided to the meritorious students of the college.
SC / ST Book Bank Facility
The student who belongs to SC / ST and Other Economically Weaker can avail SC / ST book bank facility. Fair number of text books will be issued to each student for a period of one academic year in the cognitive subjects.
Online Public Access Catalogue facility is being offered to the user community of the college in order to provide first hand information about the availability of the reading materials. Users can reserve the required reading material and the same will be issued on queue basis system.
The library members can avail the photocopy facility within the library building at nominal charges.
New arrivals Display
Some selected titles of new books acquired by the library are displayed on “New Arrival Stand” for the benefit of the readers.
Bulletin board/ Wall Magazine (C A S)
For the benefit of the students, information broachers of institutional for further studies, employment opportunities, personality development skills, News Papers clipping etc., are put on the bulletin board. The library has a ‘Wall Magazine’ where the student can exhibit their talents by writing some articles and cartoons etc.,
The Library is extending reference and referral services to the users of the library. Most of the reference oriented Text books and General books have been kept in reference and active stack area for reference only by the users of the library.
In order to create awareness among the fresh students of the college. about the proper utilization of the library and its resources and services; to give first hand information about the library and to provide them a closer acquaintance and more familiarity about various aspects of the library system, the Library is being organized the Library Orientation Programme. This programme is an educative and informative.
This Programme educates users about the physical arrangement and organization of the collection, its functions and services both traditional and modern services like CD-ROM, INTERNET & E-Journals Consortium of UGC INFONET – N-list. This programme helps the user community to utilize the available resources, services and facility to the maximum extent..
The Library conducts periodically the following user oriented professional activities:
* Document Delivery and Routine Library Housekeeping Activities
* Acquisition and Processing of reading materials
* Display of New Arrivals to Library
* Current Awareness Service
* User Awareness / Education Programme
* Orientation Programme to Fresh Students
* Display of Books on Important dates
* Library Tour for visitors
The library will be kept open from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm in all the working days, where as it functions form 10.00 am to 2.00 pm on Saturday.
Computerized library catalogue
The library catalogue serves as a key to the collection of the library and an index to subjects. This helps the readers to know what books are available in the library
a) by given author,
b) by a given subjects,
c) by a given title etc.,
with the computer application to the library operations. The database of books is prepared according to “e-Granthalaya 4.0 Cloud Version”. The users can search the library holdings through Web-OPAC subject wise/ author wise Accession Number wise etc… to know the information sources are available in the library on the areas of their interest.
1. Books and bound periodicals which have been issued out are liable to be recalled at any time, when so recalled they must be returned to the Library within the specified time.
2. Readers shall not write upon, damage, or make any mark upon any book, manuscript, or map belonging to the library.
3. Erase of any mark of stamp, label etc. on a book or manuscript of map belonging to the Library will be considered as misconduct and justification/fine will be charged.
4. Any reader observing a defect, or damage to any book or manuscript shall point out the same to the Library Staff immediately.
5. A borrower shall be responsible for the safe custody and return of a publication issued to him. In the event of its being lost or damaged he/she will have to reimburse the cost/replace the documents as per the rules.
6. Overdue charges will be laid on borrowed books and other reading materials as per the rules, if returned after the due date
7. No personal belongings including books are allowed inside the library.
8. Keep your personal belonging such as bags, books at in the property counter. Not to keep any valuables such as cash, mobile phones, ATM cards etc in the counter. Librarian or his staffs are not responsible for loss of any valuables.
9. Library Catalogue (OPAC) kept at the entrance of the library need to be used before making entry to the stack area to select book of your interest.
10. Books borrowed on a particular day will not be accepted for return on the same day.
11. Mobile phones need to be switched off or kept in the silent mode before making entry to the library/reading hall. Talking over mobile inside the library/reading hall is strictly prohibited
12. Maintain silence in the library.
13. The Library working Hours: 10-00 A.M to 5-00 P.M.