- About Library
Government First grade College Narasimharajapura- Library came into existence in 1985. In 1999, the College was shifted to the independent building In the midst of its excellent setup of academic activities, the library acts as a nerve center catering to the needs of the students, and faculty members of the college. The library has been shaped as a centre of excellence for academic and research pursuits, keeping it open to the changes brought about by information Technology.
To fulfill the vision and Mission of the institution, beautiful library was established with a initial collection 201 books and now it is rich with more than 15225 books and unique titles of 6760. To broaden and enrich the students’ quality in gaining relevant knowledge, our library is providing more than 9 regional and national journals and 4 Magazines in specific areas and for E – Resources library has good number of CDs and Inflibnet Connection.
- To build up a comprehensive and up to date need based collection of books, journals and other non-book materials like CD’s etc in the disciplines taught and researched in our college
- To organize the conventional and non-conventional information sources in the systematic manner in order to provide efficient and services to the end users
- To disseminate information by issuing documentation lists and other Current Awareness Services for the benefit of teachers, researchers and students to keep them updated with the latest developments in their areas of their interest.
- To support the academic programmes offered ad curriculum requirements of the users.
- To promote the reading habits of students and faculty of the college.
- To support the educational, cultural activities of the college.
- To enter in to an arena of Information Communication Technology using Computer applications for quick and peedy information storage and retrieval.
- To join resources sharing activities of UGC through Network resource centers.