NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY 2020
IN OUR COLLEGE, NATIONAL EDUCATION POLICY 2020 WILL BE IMPLEMENTED FROM THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-22
B.COM AND B.A PROGRAMMES AVAILABLE
To provide an inexpensive, high-quality education that equips students with information and skills in their chosen field, instill values, identify latent talents, and allow them to reach their maximum potential, thereby moulding them into future leaders, entrepreneurs, and, above all, decent people.
Youths are the asset of the nation, so we aim:
- To aim for quality education in accordance with the college's motto, "Knowledge is supreme power (jnan param bhalam)," and to educate young minds to imbibe knowledge, skills, and sensitivity.
- To equip the students to meet the global challenges through soft skills.
- To cultivate tolerance towards class, creed and caste.
- To transmit national culture to the students.
- To inculcate moral and spiritual values.
Govt. First Grade College Midigeshi was started in the year 2013-14 and students got admissions in the year 2014-15 with B.A. & B.Com Courses. Midigeshi is located in Asia’s first highest Monolithic City Madhugiri Taluk of Tumkuru Dist. It is surrounded by Andhra Pradesh border, rich with good culture and heritage. Elected representatives have taken ample care to shape a good and reputed institution. Our college successfully produced the output of four batches of students, some among them have got Govt. jobs, while some of them have gone for Post-Graduation studies. Mr. Mylarappa (Late) has donated a land to construct the college building. Govt. has sanctioned 3.05 crores for the construction of building. New building along with 5 rooms is ready for occupation in a short period of time. Additional class rooms construction work is going on. College has actively participated in curricular and co-curricular activities. Publics have been kind hearted towards college and have extended their immense support to the growth of the college. Sri Lakshminarasaiah, Ex-Member of KPSC has donated books worth Rs. One Lakh. At present 159 students have been studying in UG Courses. Govt. has sanctioned B.A (English major) and B.Com (Computer Science) for the next academic year. All these meaningful activities are getting a huge acclaim from the nooks and corners of Tumkuru Dist.
- Imparting quality education in the fields of social sciences, humanities, commerce and management studies.
- Updating students’ and teachers’ knowledge to enable them to face current challenges. Sensitizing the students to the threats of social injustice and inequality.
- Preserving the best values of Indian culture and tradition.
- Arranging programmes to meet the psychological, emotional and financial needs of the students
- Promoting and supporting extra-curricular activities like NSS, sports and cultural activities.
- Arranging special lectures in emerging areas.
- Enabling students to acquire soft skills and technical skills through training in skill development.
- Creating awareness regarding employment for women and gender sensitivity