- ABOUT IQAC
Higher education plays key role in uplifting the well-being of the citizens. To improve the quality of higher education in the college, the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), mandates every college to undergo the Quality Assessment. To meet the purpose of quality education in the college, an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) was established in the year 2015-16. Quality enhancement in the college is a continuous process and hence, the IQAC has become a part of the college governance system. The basic function of the IQAC in the college is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and holistic improvement in the overall performance of college. The initiatives of the IQAC are the first step towards achieving the quality in college education. The success of IQAC depends upon the sense of belongingness and participation of the all the stakeholders of the college.
IVE OF IQAC
- To impart quality education to the students to make them acquire the requisite skills.
- To create a system of consistent action plan to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
- To initiate all measures for effective functioning of the college towards quality enrichment.
- To facilitate the college to undergo the process of National Assessment and Accreditation by the competent authority.
FUNCTIONS/ROLE OF IQAC
- Development and application of quality standards for various academic and administrative activities of the college
- Facilitating the college in developing a learner-centric environment which is conducive to enhance the quality of education.
- Ensuring the practice of obtaining the feedback from students and other stakeholders of the college to make self-assessment of the functioning of college.
- Organization of inter and intra college workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality in teaching learning process.
- Development of a systematic documentation of the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement which is required for accreditation process.
The IQAC was established in the year 2015-16, when the college initiated the process of undergoing the Assessment and Accreditation with NAAC. Through all these years several Co -Ordinator of IQAC and members have taken initiatives in building up a quality education in the college. At present, Dr. Swamynathan C, Assistant Professor in Commerce is the IQAC Co Ordinator and Prof. Jayanthi PN, Associate Professor in Economics is the NAAC Co-Ordinator. Besides these two faculties, a team of experienced faculties of the college carryout the IQAC initiatives at college. The entire team of IQAC/NAAC is functioning under the able guidance of Dr. Prathima D S, Principal of the college.