Government First Grade College, Kunigal , a premiere educational institution, catering to the educational requirements of this region for the past three decades is on the sprawling campus of 11.5 acres of land and is on Bangalore – Hassan highway and is 64 miles from Bangalore . Wholly owned and maintained by the Government of Karnataka, the college is striving to realize the dreams of successive government in power. In tune with the governmental policy to take higher education to the door steps of people, the college provides opportunity to the students of all sections without denying admission to the aspirants immaterial, of the rating in the qualifying examination .
“Right Education for Upright Life: Building an intellectually competent, socially responsive,culturally tolerant, morally upright and spiritually oriented human resource with research spirit”.
- To inculcate qualities of competency, confidence, excellence, research and rationale.
- To impart value based higher education to the rural poor without the menace of capitation.
- To have a transformational impact on stake holders through comprehensive education.
- To facilitate adult learners with opportunities to hone their ethics and leadership potential.
- To sensitize learners towards inclusive social concerns, human rights, gender and environmental issues
- Institution aims at learning, capturing experiences and thus enables one to explore new realms of wisdom.
- The institution has taken an initiative to setup an education centre that produces proficiency and entrepreneurial skills.
- Ensure best practices in governance and leadership to ascertain the Vision, Mission and Goals of the premier learning.
- Sustain and monitor good practices in teaching learning and evaluation for achieving academic excellence.
- Streamline the efforts and measures of the college towards academic excellence and quality enrichment.
- Valuation of idealism, creativity, innovation and regularity, re-examine the programmes and practices.
- Inclusive approach towards social justice, gender justice and cultural – regional heritage of the region.