About the college:
Government First Grade College, Krishnarajapuram was established in the year 1991. Ever since it has been growing exponentially both in terms of student strength and infrastructure. The college is located in the sprawling area of 3.24 acres. It has a vast playground cum open air stadium and a well equipped indoor auditorium which is due for completion and is shortly going to be functional. These are the privileges that only a few colleges can boast of. The college has the necessary infrastructure required to accommodate the growing number of students which shows no sign of let up. The institution was granted the 2(f) and 12(B) status by the UGC in November 2006 further enabling it to progress steadily in academics and research related activities. The institution currently offers Undergraduate and Postgraduate Degree Courses in Arts, Science, Commerce & Management and Computer Applications. The Department of Kannada has been granted the research centre and several other Departments have been aspiring for such facilities with due preparations underway. The college has a well-equipped library with inflibnet and the campus is WiFi enabled. The college hosts a functional website and vouches for a green ecofriendly campus. The student strength currently stands at an impressive 2554 with a promise for further increase in numbers. The institution has had the distinction of having bagged 5 University ranks and our students have made their mark in the sports, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities in the national and international arena. The institution has 60 regular and 66 guest faculty members. The following details are an indication of the qualitative aspect of the faculty members. Among the faculty members are 22 doctoral degree holders (Ph.D.) and 27 M. Phil. degree holders. 20 are pursuing their doctoral degree course. There have been 90 research publications in reputed peer reviewed national and international journals and more than 200 presentations in national and international conferences and seminars. It has hosted several National Seminars and the faculty members have taken up and completed several minor projects. The institution has been accredited by NAAC and has been awarded B grade.
- Provide a conducive atmosphere to achieve academic excellence
- Make the teaching-learning process interdisciplinary and research oriented, intellectually and practically enriching.
- Inculcate competitive spirit, social responsibility and leadership qualities among students.
- Sensitize the students on Environment, gender equity and social justice.
- Transform the students into intellectuals with the potential to contribute to the domain of knowledge.
- Sharpen the critical, analytical and technical skills and increase the knowledge capital of the students
- Enhance the employability quotient of the students
- Enhance their potential through skill based learning to help them shoulder individual and social responsibilities
- Promote research oriented mindset and scientific temperament in students
- Contribute productive human resources who can shape the nation’s destiny
Our College aspires to achieve academic excellence with a holistic approach to transform the students
into intelligent, creative, responsible and peace loving citizens of the world.