Rules and Regulations
- Rules and Regulations
LIBRARY RULES AND GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS
(Approved by Library Advisory Committee)
- Students are being issued with bar-coded College ID cum Library Card. So it is mandatory to bring the college ID to library.
- The borrower is fully responsible for the books borrowed in his account.
- Students are responsible for any loss to the library due to the misuse of their library card.
- Books are normally issued for a fortnight to students.
- One time renewal of books is allowed by presenting the book physically. Request for one time renewal for seven days will be considered if there is no demand from the other students for that book.
- While returning books to the library, students should ensure that their books are duly discharged.
- The Librarian may recall a book at any time before its due date in case of an urgent demand for the same by the faculty.
- Students should return all books borrowed from the library before proceeding on any kind of long leave.
- If the Librarian considers that a borrower has not returned the books within a stipulated time, the borrower is liable to pay the cost of the book plus the prescribed overdue charge.
- If a book belonging to a set is lost, the borrower will be charged for replacing the entire set.
- In case students lose the book/s issued to them they should report it immediately in writing to the librarian to avoid accumulation of fine. They will be allowed a grace period of three days to confirm the loss to initiate the process of recovering the cost of the book/s. In case they produce the book/s after the grace period, they will have to pay the prescribed fine. The library service will also stand terminated until they settle their arrears - whether for the loss or as a fine.
- The Librarian has the power to refuse the issue of borrower’s card and cancel the cards to anyone who violates the rules & regulations of the library or indulges in any other type of misconduct.
- Students should not sub-lend the books borrowed from the library.
- Absence and illness are not an acceptable excuse for exemption from paying an overdue charge. In calculating the overdue charge only Institute holidays are left out of the reckoning. If the due date falls on an Institute holidays, the book may be returned on the next working day, without any overdue charges.
- Loss of College ID / Library card gets mutilated, for whatever reason; it should be reported in writing to the Principal immediately, where arrangement will be made for a new one.
- News papers and periodicals borrowed for internal reference should be ly returned.
- After completion of the course or while leaving the college in between, student should obtain NO DUE CERTIFICATE (NDC) from library.
- Students should keep the library informed about any change of address, telephone number and E-mail address if any, during the period of their membership.
- Keeping in mind that the library is a place of individual study, students should maintain an atmosphere of dignity, peace and silence within the library premises
- No refreshments or foodstuff of any kind shall be consumed any where inside and around the library.
- Library material should be handled with utmost care. Nobody should write, damage or make any mark on any of the library materials.
- Library materials should not be taken out of the library without the knowledge and permission of the library staff.
- Suggestions for purchasing books and improving the library services are welcome.
Rules and Regulations