- Web OPAC
OPAC - Online Public Access Catalogue
Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) or simply a Library Catalogue is a digital database of materials such as text files, e-books, journals, etc held by a library or group of libraries. Patrons can use the online library cataloguing software to find out any item under control of a library. It displays the query search results in an easy-to-understand format to enable patrons to find digital material quickly.
The globally located library authorities or librarians have the provision to update the catalogue which usually requires a small amount of time.
Information about documents can be searched using powerful search engine according to:
- Accession Number
- Author, Co-Author
- Subject, Publisher
- Class Number, ISBN Number
- Publication Year
- Publication Place
- Word in a Title Search
- Combinational Search
- Translated Books
- Type of Document
- Dissertation/Thesis Search
- Claim & Reservation to Books
- Belonging Search
- Keyword Searching
Key Features Of Online Public Access Catalogue
The following points depict the key features of OPAC system:
- Searches can be filtered in a number of ways for simplifying the operation.
- Users have the provision to move any bibliographic record in forward and backward direction which mimics searching a book manually by moving through a library shelf.
- The library management system saves enormous amounts of effort and time by enabling patrons to select a search in the given list and go back to that previously searched terms with a few clicks.
- Patrons can browse & find the files by entering - Heading, Control Number, Keyword Search, Title, Author, Subject, etc in the software.
- Patron gets the access to view their own record of online book issuing/transactions from the library catalogue online.
Click Here for WEB OPAC