- Ranger and Rovers
The Bharat Scouts & Guide is a Voluntary, non-political, educational Movement for young people, open to all without distinction of origin, race or creed, in accordance with the purpose, principles and method conceived by the founder Lord Baden Powell in 1907.
The purpose of the Movement is to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of the local, national and international communities.
The Rovers/Rangers Movement is based on the following principles.
- Duty to God
- Duty to Others
- Duty to Self
The Promise for the Rovers
" On my honour, I promise that I will do my best-
To do my duty to God and my country
To help other people and
To obey the Scout/Guide Law".
The Law for the Scout and the Rover is :
- A Scout is trustworthy.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is a friend to all and a brother to every other Scout.
- A Scout is courteous.
- A Scout is a friend to animals and loves nature.
- A Scout is disciplined and helps protect public property.
- A Scout is a courageous.
- A Scout is thrifty.
- A Scout is pure in thought, word and deed.
The Law for the Guide and the Ranger is :
- A Gide is trustworthy.
- A Guide is loyal.
- A Guide a friend to all and a sister to every other Guide.
- A Guide is courteous.
- A Guide is friend to animals and loves nature.
- A Guide is disciplined and helps protect public property.
- A Guide is courageous.
- A Guide is thrifty.