- Institutional Distinctiveness
SOCIAL AWARENESS PROGRAMMES:
Awareness is essential for prevention; early detection is key to ensuring effective treatment. Being aware of a disease and its symptoms means society or students are more likely to take preventative action, and go for screenings, tests and check-ups. A lack of awareness of diseases leads to the serious health issues.Our college has co-ordinated with Red Cross Society, Government hospital and other health organisations of Koppal District to conduct various awareness programmes to create awareness in society about TB, HIV, AIDS, and other health and hygiene issues.
Our college has also been conducting various awareness programmes to create self-awareness among the students and society, Such as Law awareness, Nature awareness, Voter’s awareness, Martial Arts (self-defence) awareness among theGirl students, Awareness programme on “Legal & Personal Rights of Women”, Awareness about hygiene among Girl students, swatchta abhiyana, Awareness about Prevention of Sexual harassment (POSH), awareness about crime and corruption, awareness about tree plantation and so on.
- Prevention of Sexual Harassment Awareness Programme: Since 2016-17, the college has been conducting prevetion of sexual harassment awareness programme for every year.
- Awareness Programme about Meditation and Concentration: On 22-01-2016 our college conducted "Meditation and Concentration" Programme in co-ordination with Eshwari Brahmakumari University, Koppal. Eshwari Brahmakumari Nivedita delivered speech on Meditation and Concentration and demonstrated the same.
- Save Nature Awareness Campaign: On 24-08-2017, a campaign Save Nature was organised by NSS volunteers to bring awareness among public towards protection of nature. Rally was organised through the main roads of Koppal with Chanting Slogans and street plays.
- Law Awareness Programme: On 13-01-2018, the Law Awareness Programme was organised by the college in co-ordination with Bar Association of Koppal. The Chief Justice of District Court Koppal was inaugurated the function. The chief justice in his inaugural speech explained about importance of Laws for healthy society. The lawyers present in the function also make students aware about rules and regulations.
- World Tuberculosis Awaress: On 24-03-2018, 08-12-2020 our college Red Cross Cell and NSS units got permission from principal to organize and create awareness about Tuberculosis campaign in co-ordination with District Hospital, Koppal.
- Voters Awareness Campaign: On 04-04-2018, Voters Awareness Campaign was organised by the college. The purpose of the programme is to bring awareness among citizens regarding exercising their voting right. More than 250 students were starts procession from college along the main road to DC office. Students put efforts to motivate voters to exercise their right to vote and delivered information about polling process.
- Army Selection Awareness Campaign: On 15-08-2018, in addition to celebration of Independence Day, an Army awareness program was organized by Placement cell in co-ordination with Defence Academy, Koppal.
- Awareness Programme on Legal and Personal Rights of Women: On 16-08-2018, Human Rights Cell organized the programm on Legal and Personal Rights of Women under IQAC. Advocate Smt. Gouri Desai created awareness among the girl students.
- Martial Arts (Selft Defence) Awareness among the Girl Students: Our college taken broad step to initiate Martial Arts Awarness among the Girl Students on 12-09-2018 and it has been continued.
- Anti Ragging Awareness Programme: On 16-10-2018, the Anti-Ragging Cell conducted awareness about Anti-Ragging among the students and staff members.
- Gandhi Jayanti and Swatcha Bharath Abhiyan: On 02-10-2019, in addition to celebration of Gandhi Jayanti, Swatch Bharat Abhiyana was undertaken by NSS volunteers. As a part of the programme campus was cleaned. On 03-10-2019. Procession was carried out in the college campus to bring awareness about cleanliness. Students sung Raghupathi Raghava rajaram song and slogans in the function.
- Awareness regarding Menstrual Hygiene among the Girl Students: On 15-03-2019, Department of Chemistry and the Women Empowerment Cell of the college jointly conducted the awareness programme about menstrual hygiene among the first-year girl students.
- Stress Management Awareness: On17-04-2019, Special Lecture on Stress Management was organised by NSS. Resource person delivered lecture on stress management
- Women Awareness Programme: Smt. Bharati Gundlanoor, Proprietor of SANGIENE pink pad, under STREE SWABHIMAN (CSC) which is initiated by Central Government through IT and Law Ministry, has voluntarily visited our college on 10-08-2019 and have given awareness to 250 students about the personnel health and hygiene specially during the menstrual time.
- HIV Awareness Programme: HIV awareness programme was organised in our college on 14-10-2019. The program was Presided over by principal C.B. Chilkragi, he explained about AIDS is a fatal disease that can be cured. Therefore, the youth should convince the patients and help them lead a better life.
- Anti-Curruption Awarenss Programme: On 31-10-2019, the college was orgranized awreness programme on Anti Curruption in association with Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB).
- Establishment of Tunga Pade to create awareness and protect Women Rights: Our college Women Empowerment Cell co-ordinate with Department of Police, Koppal District inaugurated Tunga Pade on 19-02-2020 to create awareness and protect women. The function was inaugurated by DySp, Sri Venkatappa Nayak, Presided by Dr. Channabasappa Kumbar. Guest of the function were Sri Mounesh Badiger CPI, Sri Udaya Ravi CPI, Smt. Shahanaj Begum ASI, Smt. Shanta WHC, Smt. Shruti WPC, Smt. Gouramma WPC and college staff and students were participated in the function.
- National De-worming Day Awaress Programme: In our college a National De-worming Day awareness programme was inaugurated by Koppal District health department staff on 20-02-2020. Our college NSS units are helped to distribute Zentel 400 mg tablets to all the students. District health department staff exhorted the students to maintain personal hygiene and avoid fast food items.
- Covid-19 Awareness Programme: The Department of Health and Family Organization is organized a programme at our college on 13-03-2020 for prevention of coronavirus diseases and its nature. One of the main guests of the event was Dr.Ambika said how to Corona Virus spreads from one person to another. So, we have to maintain the social gap..
- Awareness about Tree Plantation: On 22-08-2020, the Department of Chemistry and Green Protocol Committee jointly organized theEssay Writing Competition about “Benefits of Planting Trees”for the second-year students. The motive of organizing such competition is to educate students about importance of tree plantation and to enhance writing skills of the students.
AQAR Institutional Distinctiveness