- About IQAC
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The prime Objective of the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the Institution.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring Timely, Efficient and progressive performance of Academic and Administrative.
- The relevance and quality of Academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to and affordability of Academic Programs for various section of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning.
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions.
Some of the functions expected of the IQAC are:
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education
- Organization of workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles
- Documentation of the various programs/ activities leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters
IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- To a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture NAAC for Quality and Excellence in Higher Education
- To the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices
- To provide a sound basis for decision making to improve institutional functioning
- To act as a change agent in the institution
- To better internal communication