Library human resource
- About the Library
LIBRARY HUMAN RESOURCE
Government First Grade College
Kengeri Bangalore -560060
ABOUT LIBRARY AND INFORMATION CENTRE
The College staff strongly believes that establishment of a sound library is the backbone of the college. We have been providing many facilities to students by introducing open access system in library. The library is partially automated using Easylib 4.3.3 version Integrated Library Management System Software. The Institution has provided a reading room facility to the students to enrich their personality.
The Library of the college occupies an area of 680 ft. The library has more than 10169 books belonging to Arts, Commerce & Management and Science. The library caters mainly to the needs of undergraduate students, and Staff of the college. The library provides references to users such as Current Awareness Service; Selective Dissemination of Information Service, The process of Library Automation is under progress. The library is subscribing national and local Newspapers including magazines for recreational reading. Journals, Print resources include Books, Periodicals, magazines, newspapers, and Institutional publications. Books for Competitive Exams, Kannada, and English Literature books.
VISION AND MISSION
- To promote reading habits among the students and staff
- To provide the right information to the right users at the right time.
- Knowledge base to empower the learning community.
- Library is to provide information, access services, and library instruction in support of the evolving curriculum of the college.
- The Library staff provides leadership in the use and retrieval of information, consistent with the college Mission.
- The Library seeks to build and maintain a quality collection by coordinating the active participation of the college community in identifying and acquiring resources.
- To provide a positive learning environment for students and faculties and to encourage the love of reading.
- Book will be issued to the borrower against production of library card issued by library.
- Library borrower card is not transferable.
- Member should not borrow defective / damaged books as while returning such a book they will be held responsible and charged as per the rules.
- The Member should produce his/her library card for borrowing books, failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- All members should obtain a 'No Due' certificate before being relieved from the college
LIBRARY RESOURCES – ONLY FOR REFERENCE USE WITHIN COLLEGE THE PREMISES
- Journals & Magazines
- News Papers.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Members shall observe silence in the Library.
- Members shall not use cell phone in the Library.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately. Further, the borrower shall either replace the book within 15 days or pay the present day cost of the book if the book is in print, or 3 times the cost of the book, if it is out-of-print.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost, the member shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay the present day cost of the book if the book is in print, or 3 times the cost of the book, if it is out-of-print cost of the same.
Library Working Hours:
Monday to Friday : 10.00 AM to 5.30 PM
Saturday 10.00 AM to 3.00 PM