About the Institution
The Government first Grade College, Kengeri, Bengaluru, was established in July 2007 with 28 students. It is located beside the outer ring road, a junction for dense residential locations and semi urban/rural communities spread around. The institution has connectivity through road, rail and metro transportations. It is affiliated to Bangalore University and recognised under section 2(f) of UGC Act. As of now it is functioning in a government school building,which is a shared accommodation and will shift to its own building being constructed in a plot of 5 acres sanctioned by the government.
Institution now offers B.A., B.Com, B.Sc. and BBA programs and nurtures 608 students. As a testimony to its appraisal the students have come out with flying colours in the curricular, co curricular and extracurricular activities.
The teaching faculty encompasses of scholars, writers, researchers of national and international repute are committed to enrich the students through teaching and other supportive, student centric committees. 13 departments, which includes Physical Education and Yoga and Information and Library Science work as a team to foster the budding institution. They have conducted many academic and extension activities/programs.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell is engaged in enhancing the quality of the institution in all spheres. Effective administration by illustrious and benevolent Principals, assisted by concerned non - teaching staff is a strong attribute of the Institution.
To create the nation builders with appropriate knowledge, skills and ethics to transform the society, add value to the national/international employment spheres and epistemology.
To capacitate the students to sustain the challenges of life, employment market and value systems and emerge as capable individuals to adapt to all socio-economic and cultural environments.
- To enhance the potential of the Institution to emerge as a pioneer Institution in the state by offering holistic education.
- To ensure a complete shift to ICT teaching and revamp the systems to be in par with global standards.
- To promote convergence of knowledge through multidisciplinary academic activities.
- To extend the horizons of teaching/learning experiences through quality academic discursive events.
- To merge the theoretical understanding with the field experience and strengthen it with necessary skills.
- To equip the young adults with ICT learning and encourage the usage of online learning resources.
- To nurture the research activities to contribute to the process of nation’s development.
- To enhance the employable opportunities through proactive placement cell.
- To lend succinct support to students through various committees.
- To enhance the support systems of the institution through MOU’S and collaborations.
- To nurture the neighbourhood with necessary interventions.