Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PRINCIPAL, TEACHERS, AND STUDENTS.
Code of Ethics for Principal
The Principal of a college has got multifaceted roles to play and has to shoulder these multilateral responsibilities having characteristics of a patron, custodian, supervisor, administrator, adjudicator, protector, inspirer and so on. As the Academic and Administrative Head of the Institution, the Principal remains liable to follow certain codes of ethics in his conduct as proclaimed by the University Grants Commission (UGC) in tandem with the guidelines d by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) as well as the set of prescripts enforced by the Government of Karnataka as in the Karnataka Service Rules.
The Principal of an Institution should always be honest, fair, ive, supportive, protective, and law-abiding. Besides, the following traits are expected from the Principal. He has to
- Chalk out a policy and plan to execute the vision and mission.
- Ensure that the staff and students are aware of rules, policies, and procedures laid down by the college and enforce them fittingly.
- The principal is the guardian and custodian of all stakeholders.
- Recommend and forward the communication to the authorities.
- Monitor, manage and educate the institution's administration and take remedial measures/actions based on the stakeholder’s feedback.
- Execute any other qualitative and quantitative work for the welfare of the institution.
- Listen to the student’s ideas and set a supportive tone.
- Be fair in his disciplinary actions to all the members of faculty, non-teaching staff, and students.
- Empower all his staff and students to reach their maximum potential.
- Carry himself with the highest integrity and exhibit outstanding and strong leadership skills.
Code of Ethics for Teachers.
Teaching is a noble profession. It shapes the character, caliber, and future of an individual. They can inspire, hope, ignite them and instill a love of learning among the students. Besides, the teachers have to
- Report to duty at least 10 minutes in advance.
- Adhere strictly to the laws and regulations of the college.
- Remain on duty during college hours.
- Respect and maintain the hierarchy in the Administration.
- Maintain honesty, integrity, and fairness in all activities.
- Exercise self-discipline and restraint at all times and deal positively with staff, students, and the general public.
- Must not divulge official secrets, mutilate, expunge, conceal, alter or forge official documents/receipts.
- Uphold the honor and dignity of the teaching profession.
- Provide an innovative and quality education to pupils.
- Be impartial and discriminative against students.
- Interact with the students in a friendly manner.
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the institution.
- Abide by the procedures to ensure students’ safety.
- Collaborate with fellow teachers.
- Be responsible and interact positively with parents and other stakeholders in educating the students.
- Be good counselors and facilitators.
- Help, guide, encourage, and assist students in their learning.
- All teachers ought to respect the rights and dignity of the students in expressing their opinions,
- Avoid social networking sites such as Facebook, Whatsapp, etc during working hours.
Code of Conduct for Non-Teaching Staff.
The following traits are expected from the Non-teaching staff. They must
Report to duty at least 10 minutes in advance.
Remain on duty during college hours.
Adhere strictly to the laws and regulations of the college.
Respect and maintain the hierarchy in the Administration.
Maintain honesty, integrity, and fairness in all activities.
Exercise self-discipline and restraint at all times and deal positively with staff, students, and the general public.
Must not divulge official secrets, mutilate, expunge, conceal, alter or forge official documents/receipts.
Must not intercept or misappropriate college money.
Must not be absent from duty without the official approval or approved sick leave.
Avoid social networking sites such as Facebook, Whatsapp, etc during working hours.
Code of Conduct for students.
The college assures a safe and conducive environment to the students under the able, enthusiastic, and experienced staff. All students are advised to abide the code of conduct for their holistic development. In violation of the code of conduct disciplinary actions will be taken as per the UGC guidelines. The behavior of the student on and off the college campus affects the reputation of the institution. For any grievances, students may approach the grievance redressal cell of the college. They can use the suggestion/complaint box in writing. Female students can approach the ICC if they face sexual harassment. All the committees’ contact numbers are displayed in the website.
- .Admission to different programs is given on the basis of the reservation policy of the government of Karnataka.
- Students who have less than 75% attendance will not be eligible to take up the semester-end exam.
- All students have to qualify in internal evaluation to get eligible for the semester-end exam.
- Students should put on the prescribed uniforms every day and must wear their identity card inside the campus.
- During class hours a student cannot go out of the classroom without the permission of the teacher concerned.
- The use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited during classroom teaching. Students who violate this rule will have to face disciplinary action.
- Chewing tobacco and smoking in the campus is strictly prohibited.
- The college expects students of both sexes to foster a healthy and decent relationships both on campus and of campus. The very spirit of co-education lies in facilitating such a relationship. Any behavior contrary to this spirit is deemed unlawful and punishable.
- During leisure hours, students are advised to use the library and internet browsing center.
- During leisure hours women students should go to the restroom or library. They should not stay in the classrooms.
- When a teacher enters the classroom, the students should raise and keep standing until they are asked to sit or until the teacher takes his/her seat.
- Late comers are forbidden from entering the classrooms.
- Students shall move from one classroom to another or get out of the classroom in an orderly manner, without making any noise.
- Students should bring prescribed textbooks to the classes every day. Failing which they will be sent out of the classroom.
- Defacing the blackboards of walls will be severely dealt with.
- Students should handle the furniture and other properties with care. Damage to the furniture will lead to a penalty or suspension from the college.
- Students should stay away from any anti-social activities.
- Students should stay wear their identity cards inside the campus daily.
- Without the permission of the Principal, Students are not permitted to circulate any printed materials or pamphlets.
- Ragging and sexual harassment in any form is a serious offenses and it will be dealt with severely.
- All students have to file anti-ragging affidavits as per the UGC guidelines. The is provided on the website.
- Damage fee will be collected for any damage caused by them knowingly or unknowingly.
- Visitors are not allowed to meet the students in the classrooms.
- Students should take care of their belongings. The institution will not be responsible for any loss.
- Students who possess an authorized and valid license can get entry with their vehicle on the campus. To wear a helmet is compulsory.