The library is housed in a separate building near the college annexe. The main library has more than 29,000 volumes . The library staffs, led by Mrs.Sukanya.M.Dodamani, Senior Scale Librarian , Shri.Siddesh Bidari, Library Assistant are at the service of the faculty and students. A pleasant, inviting area, the library at GFGCW, Jamkhandi is a garden of knowledge.
A library is a treasure-house of knowledge and the backbone of a college academic environment. A well-stocked library is an asset to the college. The library is also a boon for poor students who cannot afford to buy books of their interest. The Library is partially Automated. The Reference section, SC/ST book bank, Current Awareness Service (CAS) section, magazine/journals sections, the Circulation section & Acquisition Sections are in the ground floor. The reference section accommodates 50 readers. Students can comfortably read the reference books, magazines, periodicals and newspapers. Back volumes of periodicals are available. Circulation counter is made available for issue, return and renewal of books.
1. To acquire, organize and update the library collection to support the teaching-learning program.
2. To encourage students to read beyond the requirements of the curriculum.
3. To work with faculty in integrating information skills, knowledge of information sources, and the use of technology in accessing information needed to strengthen their instruction, research and extension programs.
4. To provide instruction and assistance in the effective use of learning resources / services.
Working Hours of Library:
On working days - 09:00 am to 05:30 pm (Mon - Fri)
09:00 am to 02:30 pm (Sat)
General Instructions to Students:
1. College Identity Card and a Pen are a must for library transaction.
2. Under/Post-Graduate Students can borrow 3 books at a time.
3. Borrowed books can be used for 30 days and should be returned / renewed on or before the due date.
4. Reference Books, Periodicals & Newspapers will not be issued.
5. You are under CCTV Surveillance.
The college library has been established in the year 1993 with the Book collection of 200 only. Gradually collection of books has been increased to 29,190 books. The strength of our library is good collection of resources. The library also provides e-journals, e-books from INFLIBNET NLIST programme, popular magazines and Newspapers.
Total Collection (as on till date):
1. Total No. of Books - 29,190
2. No. of Titles - 7,120
3. No. of Magazines - 15
4. No. of Newspapers - 13
5. Electronic Resources (E-Books & E-Journals): Department of Library & Information Centre have subscribed e-journals and e-books from Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) through National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content (NLIST) programme.
College Faculty & Students can access E-books & E-journals through the following website.
Best Practices / User Education
1. Displaying new arrivals of books
2. Internet Service
3. Career/Employment services
SERVICES AND FACILIties
Question Paper Print copy & Soft copy.
User orientation/Information literacy.
New arrivals display
Detail About Library
- E-PGPatashala Inflibnet
Criterion 4.2.2 and 4.2.3 Bills
Criterion 4.2.3 Year Wise Record of Books and Journal Purchased
Web OPAC Link