- About IQAC
Quality and excellence should be the vision of every higher education institute. Acquisition and quality enhancement is the major challenge of almost all the higher education institutes. Maintaining this momentum of quality consciousness is of crucial importance. It is a common knowledge that no single strategy works on its own. Multiple methodologies should be used at the same time and these should be intended to overcome the barriers and setbacks that come in the way of quality assurance and quality sustenance. To make quality assurance mechanism an integral part of the education system and at the same time attain academic excellence, it is expected that the higher education institutions establish the IQAC. Internal Quality Assurance Cell is conceived as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at the institutional level. The IQAC is meant for planning, guiding and monitoring Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Enhancement (QE) activities of the college.
Strategies of IQAC
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programs.
- Equitable access to affordability of academic programs for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
Principles of IQAC
- Promote shared value and attitudes about quality rather than simply managerial processes and ensure
- that the internal evaluation processes develop professional attitudes and competence thus fostering creativity and innovation.
- The cycles and scope of internal evaluations should be ed in a pragmatic and cost effective way and Attention should be paid to the global picture that emerges through the internal evaluations of the different activities.
- The role of leadership consists in communicating the need for these processes framing them in consultation with the campus community-students, alumni, academic and administrative staff and using these results in strategic cycle.
- Ensure data collection and analysis to measure institutional performance.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the colleges;
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teachingand learning process;
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes;
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education;
- Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
- Documentation of the various programs/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format;
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR;
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
Prof. Vitoba S
Prakash Gouda S U
Librarian ( Selection Grade)
Anitha M Patil
Anitha M Shivagange
Physical Cultural Instructor