- The College is the only Government college in Hoskote catering to the needs of the underprivileged and first-generation learners.
- More than 55% of the students are girls thus empowering the girl students
- The College has a well-equipped campus with additional new buildings
- It has a vast ground with ample space for sports activities.
- It is RUSA funded and recognized as 2(f) and 12 B college
- The college has Post Graduation courses in Political Science, Commerce and Physics.
- It is also a recognized research centre in Physics of the Bangalore North University.
- It has well qualified faculty and committed staff with a balanced composition of young and experienced faculty.
- More than 15 of the faculty are PhDs.
- Many of the faculty are chairpersons and members of Boards of Studies and Boards of Examination and members of text book committees.
- Many of the faculty are involved in content development of the Karnataka LMS
- The college has ICT enabled class rooms.
- It has well-equipped labs and use ICT in teaching learning process
- It has affordable fee structure with a number Government and Non-Government scholarships to students.
- The college has a resourceful automated library with internet facility, INFLIBNET, having more than 36000 books, periodicals, and Journals.
- The college has effective governance and leadership through decentralized administration.
- It has an established student support system. Mentorship, counselling cell, women cell, placement and career guidance, grievance redressal system, anti-ragging, sexual harassment cell etc.are some of the cells to support the students.
- The college is an affiliated college. It does not have autonomy to design the syllabus
- Need for more full time teaching faculty
- Need for more non-teaching and support staff
- Inadequacy of support staff for maintenance of infrastructure facilities.
- Lack of sufficient add on Courses and Certification
- Need to strengthen the Placement Cell for the outgoing students which will ensure better results.
- Frequent transfers and deputation of the teaching staff, not filling vacant support staff.
- Poor transportation facilities for students as most of the students come from rural areas
- To be better equipped and trained in Innovative Methods of Teaching, requires boost
- To emerge as Research centre of repute and excellence.
- To create tie-ups with government departments, NGO’s, and other sectors to deepen the academic learning.
- To create more skill based courses
- To create strong alumni base for employment generation.
- To develop collaboration with Industry and Academia for better placement.
- To improve the academic standard of students with poor communication skills, as most of the students are first generation learners
- To raise the standards of learning and make them employable.
- To enhance the employ ability potential of all the students.
- In the semester mode, with acute time constraint, emphasizing on extra-curricular activities, sports, outreach programs etc.
- Maintaining optimal student teacher ratio.
- Funding for students who seek national exposure.
- Funding for economically weaker students.
- Getting more research grants from external agencies.