- Govt. Home Science College, Hassan established in the year 2007 with the goal of inculcating education for rural and poor students.
- This is the only Home Science college giving Bachelor’s degree in 6 combinations.
- New, and interesting subjects like Home Science, Criminology, Psychology, Food Science& Nutrition are taught in this college
- In the year 2013 - 2014 a new course Bechelor of Computer Application (BCA) is started.
WHY WE ARE DIFFERENT? (SPECIALITIES) :
- We are giving higher education to both the urban and rural students in rare subjects like Criminology, Psychology, Human Development, Family Resource Management, Food Science and Nutrition.
- Ours is the only college in mysore region has different combination with these subjects along with English, (opt),Kannada (opt), History, Economics, Sociology, Chemistry and Zoology. The syllabi is d in these courses are helpful and convinient for running good and happy future life of a citizen especially women. It is benificial to both professsional and personal life.
- These subjects are taught only in few colleges in Karnataka.
- We are proud to say that, ours is one of the biggest Home Sience colleges in Karnataka.
- The speciality of BSc course in our college is, student can also write examination in Kannada, that is in their mother toungue
- We are proud to annouce that from the academic year 2013-14 we have started BCA course which has a great market value in recent years in corporate world.
- ANGLA for first year degree students to train them in profeiciency of English.
- “Nipunya nidhi” (weekly 4 hours) a new initiation from Dept. of Collegiate Education providing cutting edge for interview and enhance employabiligy.
- Students have to undergo Weekly 2 hours of TQM programme.
- NSS and Rowers Clubs help students for social exposure.
- A certificate course from college in tailoring will help self employability especially ladies. (40 hrs /6 months)
- A certificate course in computer applicatin provide job skill and market value for our students (60 hrs-both practical and theory/6 months)
- Family resource management studentsare undergoing one/two weeks internship in Star Hotels and provided with a certificate.
- Two weeks (8 hours daily) training in star hotels is must for FRM students and students