- About Library
The college Library and Information Centre is fully automated and provides enough books as per their requirement. Students have to sit in the library atleast two hours everday in the library for reference or study purpose. More than 16 print magazines/news papers are availablein the reading room.Nearly 6000 E-Journals are available in E-Library.
The library is committed to providing users with the tools required for independent critical thinking and life-long learning.
The primary objecive of the library is to offer a fully integrated and dynamic environment suited for academic pursuits, study and research for the students and staff, by augmenting traditional print and electronic resources both local and global technologies.
- Providing a student-centered learning environment that delivers information and services to its users where and when they need it;
- Promoting creative and critical thinking through information literacy;
- Empowering users to locate, evaluate and use information available in a variety of innovative and traditional formats;
- Developing and maintaining collections in support of the academic pursuits of the university;
- Establishing itself as a leader in information management;
- Fostering a work-place culture where library staff are valued for their knowledge and contributions and are both forward-looking and responsible to the university's needs in the rapidly changing information environment; and
- Developing partnerships within and beyond the university.
- Providing high-quality services that meet and exceed the expectations of a diverse user community;
- Using technology innovatively for the flexible delivery of services and resources to users regardless of location;
- Selecting, acquiring, organizing, preserving and providing access to library materials and resources;
- Participating in consortial opportunities;
- Supporting professional development and training opportunities for library staff;
- Providing the physical facilities and the technical infrastructure that enhance the learning and research environment;
- Creating a climate where staff are approachable and users receive individual attention and a positive learning experience; and
- Collaborating with university, library and community partners.