The Government of Karnataka has introduced Seva Sindhu an integrated portal set up to provide government-related service to the citizens. Seva Sindhu was implemented under the e-District Mission Mode Project (MMP) of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (Deity), Ministry of Communication and Information Technology. Seva Sindhu aims to deliver government services more accessible, cost-effective, liable and transparent. It also grants the citizens with necessary awareness and assistance on government schemes and facilities to the community through effective information dissemination. In this article, we look at the Seva Sindhu portal facilities in detail.
Advantages of the Seva Sindhu
There are some of the significant benefits to the citizen provided through Seva Sindhu are as follows:
- The Seva Sindhu Portal offers a single platform for the citizens to get the benefit of different Departments services.
- The citizens can approach Seva Sindhu Portal Online other than office hours also and post their request for the service.
- Citizens can follow the status of their service application from anywhere and anytime.
- Alternatively, the citizens can visit any of the nearby Common Service Centre available at Gram Panchayat Level for availing the citizen services
- Centralised helpdesk will be available for citizens to clarify doubts and resolve their problems.
Services in Seva Sindhu
The list of service providers includes various departments which are functioned under this portal are mentioned below:
- Revenue Department
- Commercial Tax Department
- Department of Drug Control
- Food and Civil Supplies Department
- Department of Planning
- Transport Department
- Department of Ayush
- Youth Empowerment and Sports Department
- Department of Information and Public Relations
- Department of Kannada and Culture
- Empowerment and Senior Empowerment Department of Empowerment.
Link to Sevasindu website