|Govt Arts College was established in the year 1886. It is situated in the heart of the Bangalore city. During the British Rule it was known as the collegiate high school and was called the intermediate college in 1927. In the later period after 1956 it came to be famously known as GAS College. i.e.,Govt Arts & Science College. In 1971 Arts & Science was bifurcated. |
Engage in constant pursuance of quality resource for accomplishing excellence in higher learning to nourish a sense of self-reliance, commitment and concern in the learners with a spirit of service.
Facilitating ethical higher learning ambiance while fostering a sense of social justice, gender sensitization, tolerance and universal human-hood thereby promoting for transformation of the first generation learners into dynamic and empowered youth force.
- To maintain consistency in providing healthy and research friendly academic environment for higher education learners.
- To expand avenues for the learners with more subject options keeping in mind the number of aspirants for Graduate, Post-graduate and Research programs in Arts, Commerce and Management .
- To provide equal and fair opportunity for all the learners to achieve their personality specific knowledge or skill at making them a properly placed potential human resource.
- To motivate the learners adopt the quality of peace and tolerance.
- To sensitize students upon burning issues like global warming, gender inequality and make them the part of inclusive education.
- To facilitate students with changing e- technology.
- To make better usage of the available facilities to provide students with learning resource and training, to meet the local and the global challenges.
- To maintain 'transparency' in curricular, co-curricular and administrative matters to the stakeholders.