Home

History of the College

The college was Started in the year 1946 as an Intermediate College under the administration of the University of Mysore.The foundation stone for the college building was laid by the then Maharaja of Mysore, His Highness Jayachamaraja Wodeyar. The college was named “Intermediate College, Hassan”.After completion of the building in 1958, it was inaugurated by Rashtra Kavi Ku.vem.pu. the then Vice Chancellor of Mysore University in Presence of Chief Minister of Mysore Sri B. D. Jathi.1984 the College was bifurcated into Government Arts College and Government Science College.During 1958-59 the college was upgraded as “Government First Grade College, Hassan” and three year degree courses were introduced in Arts, Science and Commerce.In June 1960 the administration of the College was taken over by the Department of Collegiate Education,Government of Karnataka.1984 the College was bifurcated into Government Arts College and Government Science College.In the year 2003 College is included under 2(f) and 12(B) of UGC Act.In 2003 the College Passed through First Accreditation Process by NAAC & Secured “B” Grade.In 2012, it has Reaccreditated with “A” Grade by NAAC.

 

Notifications | Read More

  • Core Values

    Updated on 07/08/2018

  • Policy on Consultancy

    Updated on 28/02/2018

  • AQAR-2016-17

    Updated on 15/12/2017

  • Events | Read More

    • No Events

    Gallery | View All