Code of Conduct
- Code of Conduct
GOVERNMENT OF KARNATAKA
GOVERNMENT FIRST GRADE COLLEGE
FRAZER TOWN, BANGALORE- 560 005
Phone: 080-25468522 email: email@example.com
Code of Conduct for Students
1. Students shall abide by the rules and regulations of the College and should act in a way that highlights the discipline and esteem of the College.
2. Students should be regular to classes and should not have less than 75% of attendance to appear in the university semester exams.
3. They should be present for the morning assembly regularly.
4. The First period begins with a prayer song followed by the National Anthem. The students shall stand in attention until the prayer ends.
5. Late coming will result in loss of attendance for the corresponding hour.
6. They should behave well with the office staff and the teaching faculty.
7. All the students shall wear their identity cards, well displayed. Identity badge is a public document and any teaching staff and non-teaching staff shall have the right to peruse it. Denial of that alone invites disciplinary action.
8. They must help keep the college premises neat and clean. Do not put any waste anywhere on the campus except in the wastebasket kept.
9. They should ensure that fans and lights are switched off while leaving the classroom.
10. Carefully handle the furniture, equipment, fixtures, and appliances of the college and lab. Careless handling/misuse of the above could result in personal injuries or damage to property follow safety precautions near moving machines and electrical installations. In the event of damage to property, the responsible students will have to bear the cost of replacement/ repair with a fine.
11. They should follow the dress code of the college. They should be neatly & decently dressed.
Boys should be not wearing collarless T-shirts and ripped jeans.
Girls must not come in shorts/ miniskirts. They should strictly not wear Ripped jeans/ T-shirts and short tops.
12. Accessing Social Networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. is prohibited within the college campus.
13. Students are expected to make use of academic, co-curricular and extracurricular facilities available to the optimum levels. This will certainly make them physically fit, academically competent, mentally and socially sensitive.
14. Harassing juniors, the ill-treatment to other fellow students or any such form of ragging is prohibited and liable to be treated as a criminal offense by the law enforcement agencies as per the directives of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India.
Code of Conduct for Teaching Staff
Both Teaching and Non-teaching staffs are in general governed as per KCSR and KCS rules of 1966 as amended from time to time.
1. The teaching staff should be dedicated to their profession.
2. To be present in the college well before the classes commence so that they are not stressed out physically & emotionally.
3. They should not follow any unethical practices.
4. They should always remember that they are mentors too and wholeheartedly work for the welfare of the students.
5. To be impartial in their relationship with students and should not show any favoritism.
6. To be a fair evaluator and guide the student to progress constantly.
7. To maintain good rapport with the parents and keep them informed about their ward's progress and achievements.
8. To extend their support to the Principal; they must co-operate and participate in all extra-curricular activities of the college.
9. To abstain from accepting fees, gift or honorarium, etc for providing guidance or coaching to the students.
10. To perform all professional activities through proper channels.
Code of Conduct for Non-Teaching Staff
1. Non- teaching staff should strictly adhere to the college timings.
2. To be impartial in treating students irrespective of religion, caste, creed or mother tongue.
3. To deal with parents/guardian/ward of the students politely.
4. To maintain a friendly and co-operative relationship with the teaching faculty.
5. To extend co-operation to his/her colleague and work as a team.
6. To perform all professional activities through proper channel
7. To take care of and protect college property.
8. To avoid unethical practices.