- The College
The College Located in a semi-urban area with student strength of 2319 the institution has been striving hard to impart quality education to the girl students hailing from remote rural areas with economic backwardness. It is intended to introduce PG courses in about six years to make higher education accessible to the economically weaker sections of the society. The multi-faculty college would like to satisfy the stakeholders by all possible methods and means. It lays stress on curricular aspects, teaching-learning and evaluation, research, consultancy and extension, infrastructure, learning resources, student support and progression, governance and leadership and innovative practices by mobilizing necessary resources with the help of the Government of Karnataka, MHRD, the University Grants Commission and the College Development Committee.
The Institution wishes to improve its physical and mental infrastructure to satisfy the stake- holders of the institution to a maximum extent. The college would like to modernize all science departments and class rooms. An effort would be made to procure furniture for various sections of the college including class rooms. It is committed introduce ICT infrastructure. Minor research projects would be taken up by the faculty by procuring the required equipment. State and National level seminars, conferences and workshops would be organized by the Departments of Humanities, Science and Commerce.
Institutional reforms like e-library, on-line admission, online payment, single window system for admissions and college level e-certificates. Student support activities would be strengthened by installation of water filters (RO system), construction of Canteen room, Red Cross room, IQAC room, Sports room, NCC room, NSS room and maintenance of toilets in a hygienic manner. Sincere efforts would be made to procure LED TV, DVD player, educational software, display boards and UPS.
It also tries its best to organize various faculty development programs to train the faculty in various skills to achieve academic excellence. Quality maintenance is the major concern of the institution. It would like to introduce state -of -the -art technology in teaching and learning methods. The institution would like to stream-line all kinds of academic and administrative strategies.
Post Graduate students of our college in the year 2019-20 have been awarded 11 Ranks and 3 Gold Medals from the Bengaluru North University. In UG section our college awarded 1 Gold Medal and 2 Meritorious Awards.
- Experienced, efficient and devoted faculty.
- Well-equipped laboratories to cater to the needs of UG and PG students.
- Library with adequate number of books and a reading room, SC/ST Book Bank, Reference section.
- Two units of NSS with 200 volunteers
- NCC unit
- Scouts and Guides (Rangers) Unit
- Youth Red Cross Wing
- Sports unit assisted and guided by a Sports Committee
- Ample opportunities for cultural activities and programmes
- Annual college magazine “MANASA” to cater to creative and poetic talents of the students.
- A Committee to oversee the activities of Reading Room.
- Student Welfare Officer to address the grievances of the students
- Transparent admission process based on merit-cum-reservation
- Varied scholarships and freeships
- A liaison officer to attend university related works manily examinations and admissions.
- Permanent affiliation from Bengaluru North University
- Included u/s 2(f) Certificate
- Included u/s 12(B) Certificate
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) to moniter quality sustenance progammes and activities
- Assessed and accredited with ‘B+’ Grade, CGPA: 2.52 by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) during 2017-18.
- College Development Council headed by the local MLA M. Krishnareddy to monitor developmental activities pertaining to infrastructure
- Alumni Association participates in various academic and administrative activities of the college
- Parents Association to render feedback on various issues
- Annual day celebrations to award and reward prize winners in various competitions.
- Students counselling by trained teachers to overcome mental imbalances.
- The college is NAAC Re-accredited on 30.12.2017