LIBRARY

Home

About Us

The College was established in the year 1965 under the affiliation of the Mysore University by late Sri M.C. Anjaneya Reddy, former MLC & the Town Municipal President, to impart Higher Education to the rural students who could not go to cities to pursue higher education. It is significant to note that it was the first degree college established by the Town Municipal Council in the entire state of Karnataka. The college got the affiliation of the Bangalore University during the year 1976-77 when the University of Mysore was divided. The quasi-government college was taken over by the Government of Karnataka in the year 1986 and was renamed as Government First Grade College. Further the college was bifurcated into two because of increase in the number of students (1) Government College for Boys (2) Government College for Women during the academic year 2002-03.The institution has been included under section 2(f) and 12(b) in accordance with the UGC Act of 1956 from the date of Enforcement of 2 (f) 12(b) which offers various educational schemes of UGC and enables the institution to provide quality education to the students

Read More
 

Notifications | Read More

    • There is no recent notification

Events | Read More

  • No Events

Gallery | View All