COLLEGE ACCREDITED WITH "B" GRADE (CGPA 2.51)
The Government First Grade College, Channarayapatna established in the year 1996. It is situated in vast 5 acres land. Historically Channarayapatna was called (named) KOLATTUR, AMRUTHNATH PURA KABBUHA NADU and THUNGANINADU. Channarayapatna is just 12 km away from SRAVANABELGOLA which is called “SOUTHERN KASI”. Shravanbelagola is popular for its scenic beauty as well as for its religious sanctity. Shravanbelagola is wedged between two rocky hills – the Vindhyagiri and the Chandragiri. The Vindhyagiri hill is about 470 feet above the ground. The 17.38 meter (58 ft) high monolithic stone statue of the Gomateshwara or Bahubali is located at the Vindhyagiri hill. It is said to be one of the tallest monolithic statues in the world. The statue of Bahubali was installed by a Ganga minister and scholar Chavundaraya.
Government first grade college, Channarayapatna looks for the brighter future of the students by imparting up-dated education, so as to develop the competitive spirit and combat the prevailing evil practices in the society for national development.
- To provide the best infrastructure, learning resources and congenial academic atmosphere.
- To evaluate the staff and students progress periodically.
- .To prepare the students to think scientifically.
- 4.To unravel the hidden talent of the students and motivate them to excel in their life.
- 5.To imbibe the ideology for early socialization to build up the national integrity.
- 6.To awaken the students to believe that the knowledge is virtue and the knowledge is power.