Government First Grade College was started in the year 2007 as per the orders of honourable state government of Karnataka order no. Er.144 AiÉÆÃAiÉÆÃPÀ,2007,¨ÉAUÀ¼ÀÆgÀÄ ¢£ÁAPÀ:23-07-2007 [Er-106¹ÖªÀÄgÀ (AiÀÄÆ¤Pï)2007,¢.23-07-2007] During this year it has made its humble beginning in ‘Gandhi Seva Grama’ building with 31 students and two programmes viz BA (HES) & BBM. Over the past five years strength has increased moderately to 328 students with two additional programmes namely BA (HEP) and B.COM.
Bangaru Thirupathi which is popularly known as Guttahalli is located in Kolar district and it is 100 KM away from state capital, Bengaluru. It is a holy pilgrimage with Lord Venkateshwara shrine which attracts thousands of people during the holy Shravanamasa and during its Jathra festival. It is a place known for its tranquility and it is free from all urban disturbances providing natural environment for the students to learn.
GFGC Bangaru Thirupathi is affiliated to Bangalore University and presently it is offering Arts, Commerce and Management Programs. Classes are being conducted in two different buildings for short of accommodation. For the construction of new building revenue department has sanctioned 3 acres of land to the college and on which five temporary class rooms is being constructed from grants given by Dept. of collegiate Education. Another 2 crore rupees grant is being sanctioned by the honourable government of Karnataka for the construction of a permanent structure.
Despite the rural background and economic deprivation, the students are performing very well academically. Results are good. Even in sports and cultural activities they have shown their excellent talents and participated in district and inter-collegiate tournaments. College also conducts several indoor and outdoor games and the victorious are rewarded with suitable prizes. During 2011-12 our student’s participated inter-collegiate cultural competition held at different places and won medals for their excellent performance.
Library has good collection of books with different titles to cater the needs of both students and staff. Leading dailies and journals are displayed in reading room for the benefit of students and staff.
“To empower the rural students with holistic knowledge to improve themselves and society for a vibrant future”.
* To inculcate social awareness, environment consciousness, leadership qualities and spirit of nationality and patriotism among students.
* To create congenial atmosphere for the rural students especially girls to take up higher education.
* To cater to the needs of the students hailing from the rural, marginalized and weaker sections.
* Holistic development of personality through curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
Imbibing them the values of Patriotism, human dignity, dignity of labour, peace & universal brotherhood.
* Concentrating on improving the employability of graduates.
* Providing better infrastructural facilities.
* Enhancement of girl enrolment and prevention of their dropout rate.
* Enhancement of quality and excellence in teaching and research.
* Providing more training and developmental activities for faculty.
* Quality improvement in teaching and non- teaching staff.