BEST PRACTICE No. 1:
1. Title of the Practice: Conservation of Rain Water
Chikkaballapur and Kolar districts are drought areas of the Karnataka, in order to conserve the rain water for the use of animals and to bring up the water levels. We have constructed two large ponds with the help of local grampanchyat.
• To contribute to water level increase.
• To make use of the rain water going waste.
• To provide water to the domestic and wild animals and for birds.
• To give back to society
Two large ponds are constructed to conserve the rain water coming from the college premises by using the JCB.
5. Impact: It will increase the water levels of the ground and provide water to the animals and birds.
6. Resources: Natural resources.
BEST PRACTICE No. 2:
1. Title of the Practice: Mid-Day Meals
Chikkaballapur and Kolar districts are drought areas of the Karnataka, and all most all the people are economically weaker sections. Most of the students travel long distances to reach the college and they will not have the food early mornings.
• To provide food to the needy.
• To improve the health of the students by giving quality food.
• To improve the deficiency of the iron content among the students.
With the help of donors we are able to provide food for more than 100++ students every day. The donors belongs to various communities, social servicers, individuals. They donate the food grains, vegetables, plates and glasses, stoves, mixer grinder, etc.
5. Impact: It will increase the student’s attendance in the college and also provide the food to the hungry students.
6. Resources: The food grains and vegetables are provided by the donors.